Charming Necessities Blog
facebook
twitter
pinterest
instagram

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Owning a Boutique and being a WAHM

This morning I'm sitting here doing admin work {printing out new orders, writing due dates on them, and organizing all the papers} while my girls run around in their Tinkerbell pjs and watch Dora.  My boys are in the other room playing cars {Dora mixed with car noises just doesn't work}.

I have lots of orders to work on.  I mean, A LOT of orders!  After the feeling overwhelmed, I think about how lucky I am do to what I do.  I am able to run my business out of my house, and stay home with my kids.  I can do something I love, and I am so thankful to have wonderful customers who enjoy my products!

There are certainly days when I feel like I am stretched too thin - most days really.  BUT I wouldn't change it for the world!  My little business has become much more than I ever anticipated it would - and its growing by leaps and bounds!  :)

For a WAHM, its not so simple as listing your items for sale and then making the items and mailing them to the customer.  There are so many behind the scenes "jobs"!  You have to be a customer service representative, packer, shipper, accountant, blogger/facebook{er?} LOL, merchandiser, buyer, advertiser, photographer, photo editor, web site manager, and description writer, on top of being the designer and maker of your items.  You have to {attempt} to be organized, keep track of due dates, repurchase supplies when you are running low, keep your eyes out for new products, and the list goes on!

Its definitely a crazy road, full of detours and bumps, but I think that being a WAHM with a thriving business is the best job in the world!

I want to give a sincere THANK YOU to all my customers and fans who have helped me build Charming Necessities.  Your support and patronage is the reason that Charming Necessities is what it is today. 

THANK YOU!!

XOXO,
Jenni

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete